Under this menu item will be found the following essays, accessible from the top menu bar
1. An Introduction to Rum, where I wrote about what it is, where it comes from and some facts, historical tid-bits and trivia for which I have an inordinate fondness.
2. Classifying Rums. This essays talks about how to distinguish one rum from another, using criteria such as age, country of origin, colour, opacity and method of distillation
3. Single Digit Rums is a lighthearted musing on whether we aren’t ignoring good young stuff in our quest to get the most expensive and aged wares available. One of these days I’ll write an update to it where I will discuss what I actually found.
4. Stills, stills and more stills is my attempt to write a more informative and researched piece on various distillation methods. The points are equally applicable to whiskeys, as The Last Hippie notes in his own write up regarding the Scottish drink.
Coming Soon: some essays I mean to write once I have enough notes together, am lighthearted and feelin’ funny enough to do so are
– How to hide purchases from a significant other
– The Royal Navy traditions of rum (and terms deriving therefrom)